I have been lazy on trying out recipes recently, so i said why not today.
Today’s Recipe is: Reese’s Protein Cake by flexibledietinglifestyle
I changed it up a bit and turned it into cupcakes instead of a big cake. In my version makes 12 cupcakes and the macros per cupcake are: 55.6cal 0.7F 8.2C 5.8P 2.9fiber.
The ingredients i used:
5 gram(s) Hershey’s Baking Cocoa Natural Unsweetened
3 oz Silk – Almond Milk Unsweetened Vanilla
2 serving Egg white, large
1 tsp Baking Powder
426.5 gram(s) Goya low sodium – Chick Peas
24.2 gram Bell Plantation – Pb2 Regular
6 gram(s) Crazy Richards – Pure PB
7 gram(s) Truvia Baking Blend
36 gram Trutein – Peanut Butter Marsh-Cookie
The cooking directions from the site linked above advise:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit
- Drain and rinse beans
- Add all the ingredients above into a food processor or blender.
- Blend until it is a smooth thick batter consistency
- Coat your cake pan with butter spray and then pour batter evenly into pan
- Put into oven for 20 minutes
- Take a toothpick around the 20 minute mark and stick it in the middle. It should still be kinda gooey which will ensure you don’t have a dry cake 🙂
These came out very good, i baked mine at 305 for 20 minutes, light chocolate flavor, strong peanut butter (which i did on purpose). The cupcakes were nice and moist. I topped them with dollop frosting which just added more peanut butter to the mix, so it was heavenly 🙂 I will be eating these with my lunch for the rest of the week. I will include my co-workers thoughts if i share these with them.
Tony Kent: These were good on their own, they did not need any frosting. Lovely aftertaste as well
XD It’s gentl and comforting.. and makes me think if I gave someone a smooch she’d love me forever.
Damn it makes my coffee taste sweet too lol
Fawkes: twas good. moist, not overbearingly peanut buttery. could even eat it w/o the frosting (but the frosting is yummy in itself)
Kmama: Delish and moist and had a sweet taste to it.